Saturday, March 24, 2012

Viktor/Viktoria Fashion Show- A Lesson in Amazing

Back in the Second Life Day, I used to go to two or three fashion shows a week and would write about them for blogs such as Second Style, SLNN, Sexy Second, and occasionally, when my friend Tenshi didn't mind me on her territory, the Second Life Herald. Real life got in the way and I haven't been very active in SL for a while, so it had been literally years since I'd been to a Second Life fashion show. On a lark, I took my friend Carol to one today, and I was literally blown away by how awesome it was.

We went to the Men's wear fashion week Viktor-Viktoria show. (Here's a slurl).
The premise was amazing- women dressed in men's clothes. The models were asked to keep their make-up to a minimum to add to the androgeny and gender bending angle, and they all looked amazing. The stage was huge and designed in 3d space, so that the audience, who perched on levitating umbrellas, was surrounded by the runway, with the models strutting their stuff all the way around the audience. The show moved briskly and looked stunning.






As you can see the design of the space allowed me to get some great shots, and what colors could be more appropriate for a gender-bending show than black and white and gray? With major stores such as Rfyre, Philo, Mortality, Ladies Who Lunch, JFL Menswear, Chinese Takeout, Faster Pussycat and EMO-tions, along with many many others, providing the clothes, it was a spectacular re-entry into the world of SL Fashion!

The show was designed by the amazing people at Siren Productions!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such wonderful praise Justine! I will pass this on to the rest of the Siren team who worked so hard to bring this amazing, and totally fun show to life.

    ~Gryph~

    ReplyDelete